CHILD LABOUR IS NOT ACCEPTED
YVETTE HASS does not accept child labour.
According to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, a person is a child until the age of 18.
No person shall be employed at an age younger than 18. The company must take the necessary preventive measures to ensure that it does not employ anyone below the legal age of employment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
We require our suppliers and other business partners to make employees' safety a priority at all times. No hazardous equipment or unsafe buildings are accepted.
Emergency exits on all floors must be clearly marked, well lit and unblocked all the way outof the building. Evacuation through emergency exits must always be possible during working hours.
Everyone working on the premises, including managers and guards, must be regularlytrained in how to act in case of fire or other emergency. Regular evacuation drills for all employees are required; evacuation plans and fire fighting equipment must be in place.
The premises must be regularly maintained and cleaned and must provide a healthy working environment
Every employee shall be treated with respect and dignity. Under no circumstances do we accept the use by our suppliers, their subcontractors or other business partners of humiliating or corporal punishment, and no employee shall be subject to physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
No employee shall be discriminated against in employment or occupation on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, political opinion,nationality, ethnic origin, disease or disability.
Ordinary working hours must not exceed the legal limit and shall never exceed 48 hour per week. Overtime hours must not exceed the numbers allowed by the law of the country. If such limits do not exist, overtime work should not exceed 12 hours per week.
Overtime work must always be voluntary and compensated in accordance with the law.
Piece-rate work should not be exempted from the right to overtime compensation.
Employees are entitled to at least one day off in every seven-day period.
The environment is of increasing concern globally and YVETTE HASS expects its suppliers and other business partners to act responsibly in this respect. Our suppliers must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations in the country of operation. In particular,we are concerned about how the production of our garments and other products contributes to climate change and water stress.
YVETTE HASS only use by-products from the slaughter industry. We have a strong ethical position on this matter and would never be a part of the farmed animal industry.
FUR, DOWN AND FEATHER POLICY
YVETTE HASS does NOT use any fur or down/feathers from live-plucking. Our supplier of fur and down/feathers, has a longstanding Corporate Policy on NEVER purchasing any rabbit, duck ,goose or ostrich down or feather materials that have been harvested by live-plucking.
Both YVETTE HASS and our supplier have a strong ethical position on this matter.
We believe live-plucking is cruel and inhumane and we would never be party to or support this method of harvesting feathers and down.
All feathers and down procured by our suppliers are bought from Approved Vendors. These suppliers are fully aware of our policies, and share the same philosophical and ethical position.
Producers must ensure that they use trained handlers and abide by regulations when harvesting feathers.
A feather management program should be followed to ensure that the correct timing and procedures are used. Feather harvesting must be done according to the health and nutritional status of the ostriches, and according to the weather conditions.
Excessive removal of body feathers in winter may lead to cold exposure and in summer to sunbrun.
• Care must be taken when pruning ripe feathers not to damage the shafts or cause inconvenience to the ostrich. Handlers must be trained in the correct methods that will prevent damage or injury to the birds. The correct method is to support the shaft opening between thumb and index finger and to remove the shafts one at a time.
• Blood feathers may under no circumstances be removed.
• Only cutting of feathers may be performed on a live bird. Plucking can only be performed post-mortem.
• No feathers (including wing feathers) may be removed on the farm or at the abattoir before the slaughtering process.
• All feathers from slaughtered ostriches are harvested post mortem, after stunning and bleeding.
SOME EXTRA FACTS
• YVETTE HASS fashion apperal always reuses boxes for store and supplier parcels.
• YVETTE HASS fashion apperal and their suppliers are carbon conscious. And always consider the environment before printing any emails.
• When sendig garments as gifts YVETTE HASS fashion apperal always uses boxes from recycled paper.
• YVETTE HASS fashion apperal always uses charity stamp, that donates money to foundations.
• YVETTE HASS fashion apperal always donate chothing samples to people in need.
• YVETTE HASS fashion apperal don't give holiday gifts to our supplier or retailers, this money is donated to foundations.